An introduction –
PreetiTripathi is an award winning independent filmmaker based in Bhopal,Madhya Pradesh with many firsts to her credit-Preeti’s name features in the Who’s Who of Madhya Pradesh Directory(among the leading ladies) She is the
- First News -reader of DoordarshanMadhya Pradesh –(worked for 15 years 1992 to 2007)
- Preeti was crowned Miss Bhopalin the year 1993
- First Professionally Qualified Women Fimmakerof Madhya Pradesh(completed a Degree in Film and TV Production Direction from Asian Academy of Films and Television Noida in the year 1996)
- First Independent Women Producer –Directorof Madhya Pradesh Doordarshan(produced and Directed a TV serial under sponsored Category for DD MP in the year 1997
- First Programming Head Big 92.7 FMin the year 2007 (Reliance AdlabInitiative)Bhopal
- First women Director of an International film festivalof Tribal Art and culture -IFFTAC -2014 she has organized it for the government of M.P
- First woman from MP who was invited as Jury member in the prestigious Jury of the National film awards of India for the year 2016.
- First Womenindependent filmmaker from MPwhose Film was commissioned by PSBT New Delhi and Funded by UNDP
- First woman Filmmaker from MP who got an award in the international women Film Festival in Delhifor her non- fiction film Titled “ Dayabai -Tribal Mercy” – a film on a woman leader working among Gond Tribals–
- First woman film Director whose TV series “Dhangna”-which was based on Tribal Art and culture and was telecast on Epic Channel
PreetiTripathiis an award winning independent filmmaker, she is a graduate in Film / TV Production – Direction from Asian Academy of film and television (AAFT), NOIDA and a Master’s in English Literature, Preeti was a senior Newsreader with Doordarshan , Bhopal for fifteen years(1992-2007). Thereafter, she was the Head of Programming at BIG 92.7 FM -Radio station of Reliance Adlabs- at Bhopal(Till 2008).
she has anchored various TV programmes and also she has done on stage compering of prestigious programmes – Over the past 25 years , she has produced TV programmes documentaries , Telefilms , TV Series , Variety Entertainment shows , Ad-films etc for Doordarshan and others.
Over the past decade and a half , she has produced TV programmes documentaries , Telefilms , TV Series , Variety Entertainment shows , Ad-films etc for Doordarshan and others. Till date Preeti has produced many non-fiction andfiction films. Her non- fiction film entitled “ Dayabai -Tribal Mercy” – a film on a woman leader working among Gond Tribals – was commissioned by the Public Service Broadcasting Trust (PSBT) in conjunction with UNDP and was telecast on DD-1& DD-News . Following which ,it traveled to various international and national film festivals including IFFI ( Goa), IDPA ( Bombay ), VIBGYOR(Thrissur ) & got the best biographical documentary award in International women film festival of India in 2009. Preeti’s telefilm “AdhureManushya” featuring small screen star Raymon Singh received critical acclaim. Its music was composed by national award winner Shantanu Mahapatra and was telecast on Doordarshan (MP).
A socio-political activist with focus on environment , women& Child welfare and culture Preeti is widely traveled across India and the world. She visited England, Scotland , Brazil& Venezuela as part of the group Study Exchange Programme of Rotary International and her name features in the Who’s Who of Madhya Pradesh (among the leading ladies).
In 2006, her maiden Play “ Azeezan” ( based on the first war of independence-1857) was staged at Bharat Bhawan, Bhopal .Subsequently , it traveled to various cities of MP and is now slated to be staged at the North India Cultural Centre , Allahabad .
Preeti has established a communications company ( incorporating Film-TV/ Radio/ Theatre production)-Madhya Pradesh Arts Communications & Entertainment (MPACE)- an extrapolation of her production house in Bhopal. Recently Preeti has directed a TV series on Tribal Art and cultureand was telecast on the Epic Channel Another feather on Preeti’scap was being a member of the Jury of the national film awards of India for the year 2016.